Thursday, February 17, 2011

Motherhood.

I cannot see myself as a mother. (Check out my previous freak out post about parenting here.)

I do not want to give up my party lifestyle, or the opportunity to have sex anywhere and anytime. I don't want to have a C-Section because I don't want the first thing the baby does in this world is to get high and I don't want natural because I don't want to loosen up, and have to build my keagel strength back up to it's current taughtness.

 I don't want to have to find a baby sitter to look after it before I can go out, I don't want to have to wait until it moves out to be able to have spontaneous kitchen sex again.

Plus, if my highschool child studies class is correct, the kid would be lucky to be alive.

It started out with a mild excitement, I had been talked into this class by my friends, luring me with 'It will be fun!'

It wasn't.

We were to get those fake babies, you know the ones that cry and shit? And you have to use a key to swipe it and it continues to cry until you've found out if it wants a feed, a burp, a nappy change or it just wants to be a jerk and cry for a while. It doesn't even do any of the cute(ish) things that even I'll admit are bearable, like laughing.

It was okay at first, my baby didn't cry for many hours, me and a friend went with them to a second hand shop and bought them some clothes, jeez are those things heavy. I must say, I did rather enjoy the scornful looks from other people when they thought the baby was real, and then the surprise/apologetic look that came after they realized they weren't.

And then came night. I cried to many times to count. I barely slept and I couldn't figure out what the little shit wanted. I was getting a little pissed off.

Then came morning, and school. It was an angel all day, mostly quiet and loving being held by my friends.

Night was back, and it was full of crying. Then school was back, and I was exhausted and he was a perfect little angel AGAIN!

One of my friends, who had also been talked into this class, was having a similar experience, and by the last day we were both delusional from lack of sleep. We laid on the floor in maths and laughed like we were high, I told her about how I was so tired on the way to school that morning that I almost crashed into a parked car when I was going no more than 5k's an hour...Then he wanted to be fed on the way and I had to pull over making me late, then getting out of the car I accidently broke his neck and two of the senior boys stopped to compliment me on my bad mothering and I swore at them and he screamed louder than usual. I was actually doing okay with caring for him up until then, and somehow I managed to break his neck again during the day.

Then we gave them back. What a relief.

I can't imagine what a real mother goes through after doing that. I salute you.

No comments: