Sunday, February 20, 2011

Labeling Sex

I read this post a little while ago, I love the content of this blog, most of the posts I find interesting and/or amusing.

And this post is very relevant, and I think quite accurate, how could someone else define your sexual status? Not just concerning your virginity, but about the whole lot.

How can we label other peoples sex lives?

A few years ago, I knew a guy, he identified himself as gay and so did everyone else, but he always flirted with me and he definitely checked my out, there was even some sexual tension between us.

I mentioned this to a friend one day, who said "Maybe he's actually bi, but more on the gay side of the scale?"

"There's a scale? How is it measured?"

Which sparked a debate.


I would consider myself to be straight, but that doesn't mean I don't want to be with a woman some times. I wouldn't have a relationship with a woman, but I would certainly sleep with one, does that make me bi? Or maybe I'm just a little bit bi, but who really knows?


Sex is to many things to really define, and you can't generalize it for everyone, it's just to broad a topic, it changes so much everyday, and from country to country and state to state and family to family.

Sex as a possibility is infinite.

No comments: